Monday, 17 March 2014

Nurseries Not Guns



Below I reproduce a statement released by the III Congress of Left Women held in Warsaw this weekend.  (Original version here)
 
As women of the left we stand in solidarity with all women in the world, especially those living in areas of chaos and political tension. 

We oppose policies that are leading to the escalation of conflict and the outbreak of war. We reject the atmosphere of war-fever being created by a section of opinion-makers in Poland. We do not want to send our children to any war that can and should be avoided.

We appeal to all parties of the dispute to find a political solution that respects the rights of residents in the Crimea and abides by international law. So far, the Crimean crisis has caused no casualties, and this should remain the case. 

We reject the policy of "male war games". The excitement caused by inspecting troops, visiting bases or saluting allied aircrafts is alien to us.  We believe that real political leadership does not need to be supported by a background of tanks and guns. 

The atmosphere of war intensifies, rather than nullifies, the everyday problems of Poles. These include a lack of work, low wages, poor access to nurseries, pre-schools and medical treatment.  The government should be dealing with these problems rather than increasing war threats.  

Our appeal is simple: Less guns and more nurseries. Never again war!

6 comments:

  1. I live in usa and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as I am a mother who struggles with three children and I have been going through a problem as seriously as my husband found a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and I could not pay the bills, then your surgery went to the bank to borrow and reject me saying that I have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when I was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender Dr Purva Pius, offering loans at affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, I had no choice but to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, I got a loan of $ 50,000 and I paid for my husband surgery and thank God today is good and you can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to myself that I will mourn aloud in the world of the wonders of God to me through this lender GOD fearing Dr Purva Pius and I would advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this God-fearing man on urgentloan22@gmail.com +918376918351 through .. and I want you all to pray for this man for me
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Marissa Grace,I am a Citizen Of poland.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Dr Purva Pius Finance Home he help me with a loan of $300.000 some days ago after been scammed of $2500 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $300.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a loan to consolidate your debt? Are you in need of a loan
    to finance or expand your business? or for car purchase, buying a
    house and other personal loans ETC we give long term loan for five to
    fifty years maximum with 3% interest. You are 100% Guaranteed.
    contact us via email reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)
    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS:
    Full Name:________________________
    Country:_________________________
    State:__________________________
    Sex:____________________________
    Date of Birth:______________________
    Home Address:______________________
    Amount Needed:______________________
    Loan Duration:_______________________
    Cell Phone:_________________________
    Monthly income:____________________
    Purpose for Loan:___________________
    Occupation:_________________________

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Marissa Grace,I am a Citizen Of Iceland.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Dr Purva Pius Finance Home he help me with a loan of $300.000 some days ago after been scammed of $2500 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $300.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Go for it - but if its abusive then it gets blocked